FakeLogonScreen – Fake Windows Logon Screen To Steal Passwords
FakeLogonScreen is a utility to fake the Windows logon screen in order to obtain the user's password. The password entered is validated against the Active Directory or local machine to make sure it is correct and is then displayed to the console or saved to disk.
It can either be executed by simply running the .exe file, or using for example Cobalt Strike's
Binaries available from the Releases page.
- FakeLogonScreen.exe: Writes output to console which for example is compatible with Cobalt Strike
- FakeLogonScreenToFile.exe: Writes output to console and
- / (root): Built against .NET Framework 4.5 which is installed by default in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
- DOTNET35: Built against .NET Framework 3.5 which is installed by default in Windows 7
- Primary display shows a Windows 10 login screen while additional screens turn black
- If custom background is configured by the user, shows that background instead of the default one
- Validates entered password before closing the screen
- Username and passwords entered are outputted to console or stored in a file
- Blocks many shortkeys to prevent circumventing the screen
- Minimizes all existing windows to avoid other windows staying on top
Authored by Arris Huijgen (@bitsadmin - https://github.com/bitsadmin/)